It’s my 50th birthday!!! Wow. I’m really so stoked. Here are a few things I’ve learned in these 50 years. I’m going to expand on these in the next podcast season so stay tuned!
1. Learn to say no. Big one. Every yes is a no for something else so make sure you are saying no to the things you actually don’t want to do.
2. Ask for what you want. Y’all this goes for everything. Your work. Your life. Your marriage. Get clarity on what you want and ask for it. The answer may not always be yes but at least you asked.
3. Be present. We are in such an age of multitasking. I want to challenge you though to be fully present in your day. Soak in the moments without distraction.
4. Be relentless with the things that matter to your heart. Fighting cancer? Attack it with everything you are. Want to be a parent? Don’t give up on the dream no matter how long it takes. Those are two of mine. What are yours?
5. Take care of yourself. Exercise, drink more water (1/2 your body weight in oz), rest, do yoga, do breast exams, go to your dr.
6. Speak up for yourself. Your voice matters. Use it.
7. Try new things. Don’t be afraid to take a risk with something new.
8. Try old things again. Maybe you didn’t like it before. Try again and see if that has changed.
9. Form opinions even if they aren’t popular. Your perspective matters.
10. Make some great big mistakes. The only way you learn is to make some mistakes. Don’t be afraid of that.
11. Love people. Stop drawing lines around what you think people should look like, act like, be like and love people for who they are and what season of life they are in.
12. Trust your first impression. It’s usually correct.
13. Enjoy the journey. Find joy not in reaching the destination but on what you learn along the way.
14. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Search for your faith. Seek out what your heart longs for.
Ok y’all I could go on for a while here. Just excited to be in this next season and cannot wait to see what the 50s will hold. ❤️ love, Sandi #thisis50